Verizon is an American wireless network operator founded in the year 2000. It had its fair share of popularity in the email world itself. It was the year 2017 when Verizon retired to email providing services and migrated its customers to AOL email. However, if customers shifted to mail clients like Yahoo mail or Verizon AOL, they were able to access their verizon.net email address and use their Verizon account on another email client.
This article will help you with the problems that you might encounter such as – unable to send or receive mails via your Verizon mail account.
NOTE-There are certain prerequisites to work around the problems regarding Verizon email id which include.
- Internet connection- For Verizon email id to work ,in fact any email id the requirement of a sound internet connection is top most. Without a performing internet connection working for Verizon is out of the question, once you are clear with this requirement kindly move for the next one.
- Client server status- every email based service provider works on a server through which the client operates, in recent times the possibility of bad server connection is highly unlikely but still you should give it a try if the server is down kindly try again after some time.
HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT A VERIZON EMAIL NOT WORKING PROBLEM?
The steps mentioned below would give you an solution to the problem of non-responding Verizon email, kindly follow the steps in the manner they are written :
1. OPTIMIZING THE WEB BROWSER
Everything needs cleaning once in a while, so does your favorite browser. Optimisation refers to making your browser work smoother, in regards to this process by optimizing we mean that clearing all the junk present and things like browsing history, cache memory , cookies – these things target and influence the working of your browser which ultimately influence the working of your email. After doing these steps hopefully your problem would be resolved if not kindly follow along.
2. DISABLING ANTIVIRUS/FIREWALL
The basic idea of an antivirus is to provide a protective barrier between the customer’s computer and the internet, thus providing safety from threats and viruses. It is to noted that
Antivirus or Firewall have certain properties and restrictions which cause the inconvenience of non-working Verizon email. Kindly try to disable the antivirus or the firewall and try using your email, if the problem still remains kindly follow the next step.
3. CHECKING VERIZON EMAIL SETTING
It is important to note that since Verizon no longer provides its email services, the users can access their Verizon email through another server, one has to make sure of the right Verizon email settings. Below are mentioned settings for Verizon email-
Server settings for Verizon email :
For POP 3:
- Incoming mail server settings “POP 3”: pop.verizon.net, port number;995.
- Outgoing mail server settings “SMTP”: smtp.verizon.net, port number;465.
- Incoming mail server settings “IMAP”: imap.aol.com, port number;993
- Outgoing mail server settings “SMTP”: smtp.verizon.net, port number;465
4. RESETTING THE PASSWORD
The final resort and the most prominent solution that has solved almost all the problems in regards to the working of Verizon email is resetting the password for your Verizon. For security reasons it is advised to change your password on a regular basis , it is noted on many accounts that when passwords are not changed the email service provider does the same for you. Steps to follow for changing your password are-
- Go to the login page.
- Type the username in the appropriate box.
- Click on next.
- When asked for a password, press “Forgot Password”.
- Proceed with the onscreen instructions and reset the password.
It is advisable to provide your mobile number or email address for successful and easy recovery of your email account.
These steps surely would help you to fix your version of the email issue.