AOL Mail frequently disables its customer’s inactive accounts. The customers won’t have any access to their emails, attachments, or any other email account data if their AOL account is cancelled for inactivity. In this article, we will discuss the purpose of AOL deactivating dormant email accounts and also steps to reactivate the AOL account.
Now, we will discuss in detail the ways to reactivate your AOL account.
Valid and Probable Reasons for Deactivating or Deleting Your AOL Account
There can be a variety of causes and situations for which your AOL email account could be deleted or rendered unusable. In case, if you have accidentally deleted your AOL account then you are not supposed to create a brand-new AOL Mail account. Nevertheless, you will not be able to access your AOL account with a previous or old username.
There can be numerous reasons for deactivating your AOL account and they are as follows: –
- The customer’s AOL account is initially deactivated when they ask for it to be erased.
- After 90 days, if customers don’t log onto their AOL Mail account
- Lastly, if any rules of services for AOL are broken while using the AOL email account
How can we Reactivate AOL Mail Account Easily?
You can easily Reactivate your AOL account with the below-mentioned methods:
Free AOL Accounts
You can easily Reactivate your free AOL email account, which has been inactive because of your absence, by following the below-mentioned instructions: –
- Firstly, you should open your device’s web browser
- Now, you should enter mail.aol.in in the URL bar
- Next, you should tap on the Sign Out icon in the top right corner if you are already logged into another AOL account.
- Thereafter, you should return to mail.aol.com and enter the email address or log in for your AOL account.
- Now, you should click the Next button
- Next, you should enter the name of your AOL account.
- Subsequently, you should click the Sign In button
- Finally, you have activated your AOL email account
Subscription to AOL Premium
You can easily Reactivate your premium AOL email account, which has been deactivated because of your inactivity, by following the below-mentioned instructions: –
- Firstly, you should launch a web browser
- Now, you should go to the AOL login tab
- Next, you should enter your login or email address
- Subsequently, you will be viewing a box appearing adjacent to Stay signed in, do check it
- Now, you should press the Next button and then enter the name of your AOL account
- Next, you should click the login tab
- Thereafter, you should visit the My Services page after signing in with your AOL email address.
- Now, you will be provided with a list of options, from which you are supposed to select Subscriptions.
- Next, you are supposed to find the AOL service or product you wish to unlock.
- Subsequently, you should go to the page with the subscription details
- Now, you should move the pointer over the Access URL to copy it.
- Thereafter, you should copy and paste the chosen link into a new tab on your computer browser.
- Consequently, you will be automatically directed to a website where you can download a file or to a new page where you must input your AOL login information.
- Now, you should choose the Forgot Password option after entering your username or email address.
- Next, you are advised to follow the on-screen directions to reset your password or create a new one.
- Lastly, you are advised to follow the on-screen instructions after logging in if you want to reactivate an inactive AOL account.
Change the Paid AOL Plan
By following a few simple steps, you can easily change your Paid AOL plan to reactivate your AOL account.
- Firstly, you should open the web browser on your device
- Now, you should go to myaccount.aol.com
- To log in, you are supposed to enter your username and password for your AOL account.
- Next, you should visit My Services after logging in.
- Thereafter, you should pick Subscriptions from the list.
- Next to the AOL schedule, if you want to change, then you should click the Manage option.
- Now, you are supposed to perform the verification when the prompt occurs.
- Next, you should click “Products”
- From the menu, you should choose Change Plan
- For altering your plan, you should click the Pick Plan button
- Finally, if the prompt appears, you should confirm your choice
How can I Reactivate My AOL Account If I Have Forgotten My Password?
If you have created an AOL account and prefer to keep using it then you can easily reactivate it or can ask for a new password.
If you have failed to remember your AOL account password then you can restart an inactive AOL account in the following ways: –
- Launching a Web Browser
- Visiting the AOL Webpage
- Select Sign In
- Typing your AOL login (delete the @aol.com from your email address).
- You are supposed to click the link labeled “Trouble signing in” if you can’t remember it. Next, you should give the phone number or email address for account recovery.
- Now, you should select the Next option
- At this stage, you should click Sign In
- Now, you should click the link “I forgot my password” placed at the bottom.
- Next, you should type in your username on AOL.
- You should select the Next option
- Now, you should type in your AOL email recovery phone number or email address.
- In the next step, do press the Next key
- Thereafter, you should choose whether you want to be called or texted the verification code.
- Now, you should click this link to disable access to this phone if you do not have access to your recovery contact number.
- Next, you should search through your email or messages for the AOL verification code.
- Now, you should enter the verification code in the space provided on the screen, then click Next.
- Thereafter, you should change the password for your AOL email address.
- Now, you should type the same password again to confirm.
- Next, you should press the Save button (19).
- Thereafter, you should open mail.aol.com in a new tab at this stage.
- Now, you are supposed to type your AOL username or email address into the box provided, then press the Next button.
- Finally, for reactivating AOL email, you should enter the recently created password and login in.
What happens if your AOL account gets deactivated due to Inactivity?
Your AOL Email Account will be terminated if you don’t access it for 90 days. It means that your inbox will remain empty. In addition, your SMS will also get bounced. After 180 days, if you fail to log in then your AOL Email Account will be closed. You can properly recover any files, emails, or information that is linked to your email account before it gets permanently deleted.
Now, that you have thoroughly understood the proper ways and methods to Reactivate your AOL email account, you can prevent your AOL account from being destroyed and losing all of the account data permanently. Therefore, you are advised to check into your AOL email account every few months to avoid having your account cancelled for inactivity. In case, if you still face any problems or issues related to your AOL Email Account then you can contact our technical support team.