Mail has a very important place in our lives. The email exchange is required every single day. So, a situation where you find imap.aol.com is not responding can be draining. This error message means that the email information cannot be loaded.
Users generally try to fix this error by refreshing or restarting their AOL inbox. But then, instead of the error getting fixed, they get an AOL IMAP server error. The problem prevents them from getting new emails. If you are facing something similar, follow the guide :
WHAT TO DO WHEN imap.aol.com IS NOT RESPONDING ?
You can make your IMAP AOL responsive again by simply troubleshooting. Follow the methods to do so :
REINSTALL AOL ACCOUNT
If you find IMAP AOL com not responding, it might be because of the heavy load of incoming and outgoing emails. Hence, reinstalling it will restore the settings. Follow the given steps to remove and reinstall the AOL account.
- Go to the settings on your device.
- Then, go to ‘Accounts and Password.’
- This will display a list of email accounts to use.
- From the list. click that email account that is unresponsive.
- Now, remove or delete that account and click on the back button.
- This will prompt your device to start syncing to the new configuration.
- Now, open the settings again and go back to ‘Accounts and Password.’
- Click on ‘Add Account.’
- This will view a number of email providers. From this list, choose the AOL account that is encountering the glitch.
- After selecting it, you’ll need to type your credentials.
This enables you to work with your AOL account.
RECONFIGURE YOUR WIRELESS CONNECTION
A poor wireless internet connection may also lead to IMAP AOL not responding. Hence, you can reset the connection. First and foremost. reboot your router so that the data packages passed through it can be reconfigured.
Ideally, there is a reset button on the router. But if you are unable to locate it, remove the power cable from it and wait for at least five minutes before plugging it back in.
DISABLE SANDBOX MODE
Sometimes, the Sandbox mode may cause inconveniences in the working of the email. Here are the points to follow to turn it off in a browser like Google Chrome.
- Search for ‘Properties.’
- Choose the ‘Shortcut’ tab.
- Head to the ‘Target’ section. Now , add ‘-no-sandbox’ at its end.
- Now, tap ‘Apply’ followed by ‘OK.’
EXAMINE YOUR IMAP ACCOUNT SETTINGS
It is very crucial to be careful while typing account settings like port number, IMAP address, etc. when setting up the AOL account on another email application. Any errors in them will cause your IMAP AOL to not respond. Make sure that your IMAP settings are :
- imap.aol.com is the server address.
- 993 is the port number.
- SSL Type is SSL.
TURN OFF TWO STEP SECURITY
Turning off the two-step security is another prominent technique to use when you find that your imap.aol.com is not responding. It will obstruct an email client like Outlook from linking to the AOL Mail server. For the time that the two-step security is enabled, you’ll keep receiving the IMAP password window on your screen. Hence , try to disable the two-step security and see if your problem resolves.
FIXimap.aol.com NOT RESPONDING ON iPHONE
You can make minor changes to troubleshoot unresponsive IMAP AOL on your iPhone by following the given techniques :
- Relaunch the AOL Mail App on iPhone
Sometimes imap.aol.com gets unresponsive due to a certain glitch in the mail application. You can easily fix it by quitting the application completely. After that, launch it once again and open the AOL Mail app.
- Switch On and Off the Airplane Mode
When you turn on and then turn off the airplane mode, it disables the Wi-Fi transmission and, in turn, fixes an unresponsive IMAP AOL. Here are the steps to follow :
- First of all, launch the ‘Control Panel’ of your iPhone.
- Then click on the ‘Airplane Mode’ and turn it on.
- Wait for a while and turn the airplane mode off.
- Now check if the problem still persists.
- Uninstall and Reinstall AOL Mail on iPhone
Another prominent solution that comes in handy is to reinstall AOL Mail on your iPhone. Follow these steps to do so :
- Go to your iPhone’s ‘Settings’ and choose the ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars’ option.
- Select your AOL email account.
- Now, click on the ‘Delete account’ option.
- Reinstall your account by tapping on ‘Settings’ and then click on ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars.’
- Go to the ‘Accounts’ option and click on ‘Add account.’
- Now, enter your email credentials.
This should resolve the problem.
- Set up IMAP on Your iPhone
To counter IMAP AOL not responding, you can set up the IMAP connection on your device. Go through the following steps to configure this connection.
- Open your iPhone’s ‘Settings.’
- Go to ‘Accounts and passwords.’
- Click on ‘Add Account’ followed by ‘Other.’
- Now, tap ‘Add mail account.’
- Then, input your credentials and account description and click on Next.
- Click on Done.
- If the mail is unable to automatically locate your settings, type them manually.
- Now, select ‘Next.’
- Finally , hit the ‘Save’ button and wait till the email syncing begins.
- After its completion, launch the AOL app.
- Force Stop the AOL Mail App
Force stopping the mail app eliminates the bug that’s making your IMAP AOL unresponsive. You can force stop and restart the AOL Mail app on iPhone using the following steps :
- Click on the ‘Home’ button twice on your iPhone.
- Now, swipe up the app icon.
Finally, open the AOL Mail app and check if the server problem still persists